Summer is finally here and that means your hungry kids will be home all day! Instead of feeding them quick, unhealthy snacks every time they are hungry, why not try some of these healthy alternatives we’ve come up with? From frozen snacks to pizza and french fries, your kids are sure to enjoy these tasty, healthy summer snacks for kids. Know of any other great healthy recipes kids can enjoy this summer? Let us know!
- Fruit & Cheese Kabobs – This recipe is super simple and great to get the kids involved with. You’ll need skewers, fresh fruit, and cheese. You can use a variety of fruit from berries and apples to pears and bananas. Next pick what kind of cheese you’d like to use, different cheese may go better with different fruits. Cut the fruit and cheese into small bite size portions and then allow your children to place it on the skewers. They can last all day in the fridge.
- Fruit Pizza – Another simple recipe the kids can help with! You’ll need a fresh watermelon (sliced) and other fruit of your choice. Cut the fruit into small pieces and allow your children to top the watermelon slices however you like. You can store them in the fridge for kids to grab as a snack. Watermelon can also help keep your kids hydrated on hot summer days which is always important!
- Watermelon Pops – For this recipe, all you need is fresh sliced watermelon and popsicle sticks. Once you’ve cut up the watermelon, place popsicle sticks in them and place them in the freezer. Your kids can enjoy a tasty popsicle anytime they want!
- Ants On a Log – This recipe combines celery, nut butter and your choice of topping. Cut the celery into3-inch pieces and top with your choice of nut butter (Peanut, Almond, Cashew, etc.). Then you’ll need to decide on a topping, you can use nuts, seeds or even chocolate chips if you want them to be more of a treat.
- Frozen Grapes – Using small ziplock bags, place about a cup of fresh grapes, seal and then freeze. These can be taken on the go or enjoyed right out of the fridge.
- Baked Sweet Fries – All you need for this recipe are sweet potatoes, salt, and some cinnamon. Cut the sweet potatoes into wedges and toss with cinnamon and a pinch of salt. Place the wedges on a baking pan and place in your oven preheated at 450. Cook them for 18-24 minutes depending on how crispy you like them and enjoy!